Powder Marking Machine 1000
Powder Marking Machine 1000 series implements the reliable and proven powder marking technology for hot Slabs.
PMM 1000 uses a single nozzle to spray a continuous flow of ceramic powder by compressed air, which adheres firmly to the surface of the product.
The slab marker writes large, clear, highly visible characters, which can be easily read at a distance by the crane operators.
The system is mainly composed of:
- robot arm which manipulates a writing device mounted on its wrist
- electrical cabinets
- powder feeding unit
- fluids panel
The marking system was designed specifically to operate in the harsh environment of the continuous casting line. Its relatively small base and long reach make it ideal for installation in existing lines, since just little lay-out modifications are required.
The system is fully automatic and equipped with advanced diagnostics, making the maintenance and troubleshooting easy.
The marker receives the marking data from the factory automation system or by HMI, then the marking zone is interlocked and the marking head moves towards the product, until the probe detects its exact position. Then the surface is de-scaled, if such operation has been enabled.
After de-scaling, the character string is written by spraying ceramic powder while moving the wrist of the robot so as to reproduce the contour of the characters. After marking, the robot arm moves back to the home position and the marking zone interlock is released.
The powder tank has a capacity to guarantee the marking of more than 5000 characters.
PMM 1000 can be equipped with one of the following devices, to determine the position of the slab:
- mechanical probe
- 1 laser sensor
- 2 laser sensors
Two laser sensors are used in case the slab could have variable inclination, guaranteeing to mark always at a constant distance from the slab surface.
- Special high pressure water de-scaler, long service life and energy saver.
- Character height, width and space are continuously and independently scalable.
- Remote/automatic powder pump purge
- Remote/automatic powder nozzle/hose flushing
- Product temperature: up to 1000 °C
- Markings: Alphanumeric characters
- Characters height: 80 – 150 mm (other on request)
- Powder consumption: 1,5 – 3 gr/ch (size depending)
- Cycle time: 50 – 90 s (depending on de-scaling/markings)
Contact us to know more about special versions.